- Sweatshirt- The surf shop sweatshirt is cheaper because you take 30% off and it’s cheaper than the other sweatshirt.
- Sweatshirt- The surf shop sweatshirt is $18 because you take 30% off and the other sweatshirt is $28 because you take 40% off, so the sweatshirt is $10 cheaper.
- Jacket- Surf the waves shop jacket is cheaper because even though it has a lower percent it is still cheaper.
- Jacket- The surf shop Jacket is $36 because you take away 30% the second jacket is $19 because you take 20% off so the second jacket is $6 cheaper.
- Jeans- The surf shop Jeans are cheaper because you take 30% off and it makes it cheaper than the other jeans.
- The surf shop Jeans are $33.60 because you take away 30% the second pair of jeans is $37.40 because you take 45% off so the jeans are cheaper by $3.80
- The surf the waves company Tracksuit is cheaper because you take 25% off 64 and it’s cheaper than the first tracksuit
B)The surf the waves company are $48 because you take away 25% the first tracksuit is $60.2 because you take away 30% so the second tracksuit is cheaper by $22.20
A) The least amount of money you could spend if you brought one of each of these clothing items would be 200.40.
B) The most amount of money you could spend would be around $224.80.
The thing that I found most challenging was using percentages to solve the equation.
Some strategies we did:
12 ÷ 3 =1 2/3
. Find a fraction of another fraction by multiply.
. Describe and show remaining tenths, hundredths and thousandths as decimals fractions and relate them to replace value order.